Monday, February 18, 2008

Don't Eat the Meat

Appalled is the only word that comes to mind about my experience at the gym this morning. I arrived in time to learn the events of the weekend happenings via NBC's Today Show, GMA (every time I see this "news-show," I expect someone to come away with some type of music award), Fox News, and sometimes the delight of ESPN. One of the major news stories today revolved around the re-call of millions of pounds of beef. Having heard this story a few weeks ago on NPR I couldn't believe it then and I was more shocked this morning The news showed footage of the conditions that cows were put through just to be brought to a slaughterhouse, pushing them with forklifts, when they can barely stand and hitting them in the heads. I assume the only alternative is death for these sad cows, but it was just shameful to see the footage. It's absolutely disgusting what some company's will do just to increase their bottom line. Personally, I don't eat beef, mainly for the taste but this will definitely sway my opinion from trying it anytime soon.

No comments: